Monday 29 March 2010

From Me to You - Part 2

“Dear friend,

I’m ever so sorry, but unwillingly and involuntarily, I have infected you with a cold…..

Hope you enjoy your gift, from me to you, and I hope you get well soon.

MK “

Oh dear oh dear, looks like I’ve been a “Typhoid Mary”* between friends and work colleagues lately. When having the cold myself, I’ve passed on the virus to friends and colleagues who have in turn become unwell. Not good at all. I’m all fully recovered now, but they are still suffering. “Oh troublesome virus! How I hate thee!”  I do hope they get well soon, one in particular, a 60+ year old colleague, who has it now. I feel guilty, but there’s nothing I can do really… is there?

Kal pullin a face at park
The weekend past went by fine. I minded my son Kallam from Saturday morning – Sunday evening. It was great because I love spending time with him. We took a trip to the park yesterday, where we went to see the ducks and swans at a nearby lake and went to the local park where he climbed and had fun on the climbing frames with me. Naturally, I got involved myself and found myself messing about with him on them. The father/son bond is definitely there and we seem to be able to make each other laugh without even lifting a finger plus can equally just sit and watch TV in comfortable silence. A part of me is hoping he will take most of my good traits (creativity, patience, good manners and positivity) with him into adulthood, but a part of me wants him to come into his own, excel in his own right and make me a very much more proud father. 

Dating wise.., its non existant. I've asked a few out but with less then desireable responses. "i dont want to lead you on", "but you're my friend!" or "thanks, but I'm not ready for a relationship yet". I guess my time will come. I've recently added again on facebook the girl i was seeing before christmas, but i'm not revisiting that yet. I want to keep trying for Miss Right. So, hopefully, with time I'll find her, not through acting all desperate, but through patience and making the right choices. We'll see.

[*“Mary Mallon also known as Typhoid Mary, was the first person in the United States to be identified as a healthy carrier of typhoid fever. Over the course of her career as a cook, she is known to have infected 53 people, three of whom died from the disease.”]

1 comment:

Marshall Family said...

lol love the random fact at the end of the post awesome! Good luck on your quest for love, im officially off the radar now.. cant be arsed with it.. Maybe im just too fussy or too independent these days?1 Who knows :) nice to hear you and kal had a good time oput anyway, hopefully theres many more to come this spring/summer!