Friday 5 September 2008

Back to the Past - Part 1

Returning to one of my old internet hangouts recently, Halton Forum, a messageboard for the local area in which i live, i stumbled across my old blog dating back to 2005. Theres quite a few, lengthy entries there. I thought it would be a good idea to post some up here over the coming days to give you all a glimpse into my past, a time that was quite a struggle for me.

The backstory before i continue is that i had just come out of a two year marriage and at the time of the blogs, was going through divorce proceedings and getting myself back on track money wise and also trying to get back into dating again. Just thought I'd share them with you. Hope that they add more knowledge to those who want to get to know me more.

So, step into my time machine (a good link to the blog before hand ain't it) because we are going back to..........

13th Jan 2005.

BTTF,animated gif

A Quest to Purchase Spectigoggles....
Posted by Mal, 13 Jan 2005, 12:26 PM

Hi there, First Entry on my blog If you were able to decipher my title I today went to get my eyes tested. The results...... my eyes worsened since last time I got them tested.Went with my dad, who needed his doing too. Both going to get new glasses, mine going to be stylish and so are my dads, with free sunglasses.

After that went to make an appointment to get a divorce from my estranged ex. Yes, I am married, and also 22, *shock* *horror* *(add any emotion you want here)* I couldn’t be more happy to do so. She said she never missed me as much as she thought she did and didn't love me throughout the 3 year relationship, saying she always wanted to break up but couldn't bring herself around to it. Her loss I guess. I treated her the best a man could, falling over and bending over backwards to make her happy (literally). It might cost more because it is international but I will just have to get some advice so I know what I am doing and see how it goes from there.

....o0(divorced at 22, damn! give it time and I will catch up with Ross Geller! lol)

Feeling Not To Good
Posted by Mal , 14 Jan 2005, 08:45 PM

"woke up this mornin...(no it isn't a Hermans Hermits song) .... and I felt sooo tired. I got to bed early...ish and just felt so sluggish. With tiredness in my eyes, stumbling over the bomb site I call my room in a rush to turn my alarm off (I had to be a dumbass and place it across the room, or maybe my subconscious did it so I couldn't snooze lol ). Anyways, was really tired and groggy.

With head spinnin' headed downstairs after collecting all my work clothes from my wardrobe, to attempt to wake myself up with some coffee. My morning viewing consists of a documentary of monkeys in a sanctuary I think in the UK called Monkey Business (Channel 4 shoved my fave programs, Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond off the usual spot and instead show Big Brother). I find monkeys amazing so I don't mind watchin them, tis fun. Then after that watch a bit of big brother, which after watchin monkeys and then big bro, you kinda see the similarity. lol Especially with John, the big hairy ape.

Work was slow (always is), with hardly any calls and frequent work to do from my boss. Was stressed out last night as the ATM machine swallowed my card , it seems I never told the bank of my moving house, I can be such a dumbass at times. So I am havin to rely on my dad for money for the time being.

Can't wait to get paid. Going to get new clothes, haircut, and glasses and I am going to start getting out. I am not one for going to clubs and pubs, but I am sick of spending all my time inside. Maybe I might find someone new. Got home earlier on and didn't feel any better. Took paracetamol and felt a bit better now.Going now to tidy up my bomb site of a room in readiness for a lads night in with my nephew watching Hellboy on DVD. bye

As the days go by, i'll post up more entries from back in 2005.

1 comment:

Marshall Family said...

strange as it sounds, it doesn't sound like much has changed on the whole :o)

Your still plodding along with the same dreams and goals as you had back then - you'll get there - you just need some good ol' strong determination and a rocket up ur ass. xx