Tuesday 5 March 2013

Yesterday I sent an email to my son in the future….. How?? you ask?
 
Well… He won’t get it until he’s old enough to understand them, say 16 -18. The emails will contain special, funny and important memories which I would have no doubt have forgotten if I had not written them down.
 
imageI’ve created an email account for him with Gmail (thought they’d be around for a while.. its Google after all) and then write to it every week or so with memories from the past, things that have happened recently and include some pictures too. When he’s old enough I’ll hand over the details (if I’ve not lost them) and he’ll then read, reminisce and laugh over the good times that have happened in the past.
 
This all came about when a work colleague mentioned she had heard the idea of it from a friend and that she was going to do it for her daughter. It appealed to the creative and sentimental side of me and the ideas whirled about my mind.
 
With the first “introductory” email done and sent, I have to admit, its strange to be writing to my son and knowing he’ll be reading it in the future understanding hopefully, how much I am proud of him and how he lights up my life.
 
Thing with me is though, I have a short interest span. I pick up a hobby or task and after a while put it down again losing interest. With this however, I hope not to lose interest and carry on emailing for a while.
 
What are your views on this? Cool idea or waste of time?

No comments: