Friday 30 May 2008

Book Review: Saving Charlie


I’ve been reading a great book. From the makers of Heroes and from the BBC, a novel called Saving Charlie.
The book is basically about a part of season 1 where Hiro and Ando first travel to America on his quest to save the world. Upon their travels Hiro and Ando stop off at the Burnt Toast Diner and witness a murder. The murder of a waitress Hiro fell in love with at first sight. The novel meats out the story and goes more in depth into the love story and his struggles to try and save her from ultimately dieing by travelling back in time using his special powers. He accidentally travels six months back and where the TV series just briefly hints at what happened, the book describes more of what went on.



I’m half way through at the moment and so far its becoming quite an addictive read. The character Hiro has always been my favourite in the series and goofy yet well meant intentions always strike home to me, he reminds me of that bit of myself I try to shut away when trying to act cool. It’s a very unique love story full of happiness and tragedy as if written by Shakespeare himself if he was a sci fi writer lol

Even though I know what the ending will be having seen the series and the outcome, I am still hooked on the book. It incorporates my favourite things, sci fi, time travelling, love, romance and a bit of action. By far the best book I’ve read in a while.

Well worth checking out even if you aren’t a heroes fan but definitely a must read if you are an avid watcher of Heroes as the knowledge will come in handy.


1 comment:

Marshall Family said...

How out of date am I, I didnt even know this book existed! Will have to find myself a copy :) x