Friday 27 June 2008

Darkness Consumes

No, this isn't a moody blog! Its more metaphorical. There I sat earlier on in total darkness apart from the slither of light breaking its way into the room from what was left of the light outside. The lights had gone. I strained hard to find the right keys to press in vain. Frustration follows shortly thereafter. I couldn't stay in the darkness no more! I had to find a solution. In vain I scoured the house for one solitary bulb, but alas!.....no. I forked out what farthings I had in my measly wallet and headed yonder for the nearest convenience store.

I asked the store helper, "one of your best illuminating bulbs please kind folk"*. Upon receipt of said buld, I trotted back home with joy. Oh darkness begone back from whence you came! I inserted soon after inserted the bulb into an orimental lamp showing a classic 50s era lady complete with fan and..... turned her on.... LIGHT. Not ridding the darkness completely, but enough to type by, I was indeed satisfied. On with the typing I say!

Enough with that fancy talk.... my alter ego Earnest Pennyworth slipped forth.

Recent events. I was supposed to be going out with friends tonight to Liverpool no less, home of one of my all time favorate bands, The Beatles and to the Cavern no less, the venue the Beatles played at (not the real cavern as us Beatle fans know). Unfortunately, I couldn't go. Being responsible was the reason. I needed to get there somehow and the stress of rushing for trains and whatnots left me feeling queasy before even setting off. Reluctantly, I left it at that. I had promised a different friend, James, as mentioned in previous blogs, that I'd be joining him tomorrow night. Plus, I have my son, Kallam and step son Rhys tomorrow daytime and as all parents know, you have to be at your best to deal with their antics lol

Nothing much else to report on. Had a few beers, so I ain't in a literative kinda mood :P

Will update when something substantial happens.

ciao

PS. heres a gr8 video of the Big Bro housemates trying to recreate Ok Go!'s music vid. check it out

2 comments:

Marshall Family said...

thanks for the vid! I so luvd it haha i soooo wana do that!!

MariaSophia said...

Aah responsibility. An inevitable evil. But at least you got a few beers in!