Monday 19 January 2009

musical genius in the works?

Urgh, I seem to go in and out of phases of wanting to blog. I don’t seem to be motivated to blog often, which is bad I must admit.

I’m going to make a conscious effort to write more blog entries and hopefully, make them more interesting starting from today and you’ll have plenty to good entries to read. Hopefully I’ll live up to my end of the bargain.

I’ve been wondering why it is that I take up a hobby and after a few weeks or months lose interest and fling the hobby to one side and go onto different things. I’m thinking its due to my creativity. Leos, like myself, are natural born creativity freaks. I love designing, playing guitar, singing, creative writing and all sorts, I just can’t seem to keep up one long enough to improve my skills, its frustrating.

From now on I’m going to keep my mind focused on one, maybe two, hobby/ies and see them through and see where they take me. At the moment I’ve been thinking of recording my own songs. I can play guitar, sing, play the odd note on a piano and have a good ear for music, so naturally I want to showcase my talent to friends and maybe a mass audience, either from blogging or MySpace or whatever. I’m thinking of downloading some audio software, getting my rusty old mic for now that I’ve had for over 10 years just until I buy a new one and do some covers of some songs I feel I can do. I’ve got my eye on a few tunes, namely some acoustic songs by some of my fave artist. I’ll decide later tonight which ones I want to cover. I found chords for Sweet Child o Mine by Guns and Roses, so I might do an acoustic version of that to start with. That should be fun. Wish me luck.

If my good friend Dave Hearn, who likes to be called Dave Love can make his own songs at home, i'm sure I can. Heres one of his songs called "Super Fuckin Man".

If you like this song, there are more songs of his on his myspace .

As for recent events, the weekend went by without anything interesting happening. I know boring. I had my son on Saturday, and took him over to my sisters. She was mad busy sorting a party out for my niece, who on Saturday turned 16. I felt really old, especially when my sis goes and puts pictures of her up around the house, some with me in them. It got me thinking how times flys. Only seems like yesterday when she was a toddler, learning to walk and talk. Got me thinking how I shouldn’t waste time and I should get out and do things and make an effort with making the most of life while I can. A little motivation would be appreciated, but where on earth can one find a life coach? Lol. (Saturday night and Sunday were uneventful.)

A friend, who I met online a while back, came forth and confessed to fancying me. Wayhey! Problem being, she’s seeing someone and she lives across the country. Just my luck. Someone comes out of the woodwork confessing that they fancy me and they are unavailable. It’s happened now a couple of times. Seems everyone I take an interest in or has an interest in me, is unavailable either due to distance or relationships. That’s what you get when you make friends online. It’s a great thing, the internet, but can get on your nerves with the long distance thing. So, she announced to me that she had fancied me for a while. I said I was glad she thinks that way, as it is a confidence boost, but that’s given me a mind job, as she is seeing someone and no way in hell am I going to be an affair kinda guy. I’ve got morals and principals to adhere to dontcha know. I’m going to suggest friendship is the best way to go for us.

That’s it for my update. See ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya,

get musical, and post your tunes on your blog! Music is always good :)

As for online relationships, maybe you would be better looking a bit closer to home? That, at least solves the issue of 'long distance relationships'.

Marshall Family said...

sounds like your in demand.

Unknown said...

will get crackin and hopefully i'll have some tunes on here soon

thanks guys

Anonymous said...

Jesus, your mate's good, reminds me of Stone Roses.

long time since I was in Widnes, I lived in St. Helens for 9 years and left in 2000. My husband worked for Suttons, as did his dad...grandad etc..anyway, hello, and get some toons up, look forward to hearing them.