Thursday 1 October 2009

things that interest me this week....

Things that have taken my interest this week:


1. Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol.

Set to be another blockbuster, Dan Browns “The Lost Symbol” has already got critics buzzing over it. It’s definitely got me excited. I bought it on Tuesday and read it every lunchtime, and it has me addicted already. I’ve learnt some interesting facts about Washington DC and its history and the story, even after a couple of chapters is forming up well and has set the benchmark for the rest of the book. Its one of those books where you can’t wait to read it all, but know when you do, you’ll be upset as there are no pages left to read.


2. Flash Forward.


A new TV show thats out from the same US station that broadcasts LOST and other high budget shows. Its a sci fi one, so it has my interest piqued already. The story is where a majority of the population of the world has visions of the future 6 months ahead for about 2 minutes and the rest of the story is focused on a police officer trying to piece together his visions and others in an attempt to work out why everyone had the same experience. I’m going to eagerly await every episode of this one. I normally reserve judgement until a few episodes into the season, but this one seems good already.


3. Packages


Theres been four packages delivered that I’ve ordered at my previous address. I’m just interested in what they are out of what I’ve ordered.. Nothing major lol


4. Barmaid


I was interested in a barmaid at my dad’s local who seemed to have taken an interest in me. After plucking up enough courage, I asked her out and she seemed ok about it until she said she was 17. I recon it’d be wrong for me to date a 17 yr old, so I left it and so I go onto the next. :P Just goes to show my confidence is getting better if I can approach ppl easier now lol My approach in this instance was the shy but interested one where I looked down but did the cute looking up and saying that I fancied them :P It had her interest, but unfortunately, she wasn’t in my age range :P


5. “Malwarming”


A party, which technically isn’t a housewarming so my friends have decided to call it a Malwarming.... cute. Its on Saturday and hopefully should get a decent visitors list. My housemate wulfie said he knew someone who could bring Rock Band!!!! Awesome... will update you on how it goes...

No comments: