Thursday 15 May 2008

This blog entry is swank!

Isn’t my blog now looking *swanky! I think it looks way better and is better laid out.

*Swanky/Swank - Something or Someone who is super, unexplainably spiffy.

Eg. “Jethro is a swanky beast!”, “Damn man, that car is swank!”


Leave comments if you will as to how swank my new blog is please.

On with the blog, which I hope to update more often and hopefully get some people viewing more often as a result. Just a quick one for now.

Seems like I’ve fitted back into the role of black sheep of the family. Last night my dad, his girlfriend and her son stay out until the early morning with not so much of an invitation to their merrymaking activities (not like I would have gone, but it would have been appreciated to have been invited). They come in at about 2am, loud as a tribe of elephants chasing after a monkey through a fireworks factory to get his nuts and there’s me trying to get to sleep. In the end, as a last resort, after trying to cover my ears with everything in the room, I go and get my outside sound reducing earphones. Very uncomfortable to sleep in, but they did the trick. I quickly nodded off, while their laughter and extra loud music blared through the house.

Now I sit in work, tired eyed and wishing it was home time.... same thing might happen again, which will leave me pulling my hair out, but on with the positive thinking. I will get a good nights sleep...I will.

Going to have a big chunk of my wages taken already it seems. Agreements have been made to pay out £320 to a charity, all because my ex spent all of the raised money, we raised together (a band night back in March) for this charity when she was in need of money. She promises to pay me back. Fingers crossed. My plans to buy an x-box might be out of the window, but we’ll see.

Will update tomorrow hopefully, if I’m still awake.

adios

P.S. INTERESTING FACT OF THE DAY: FOLDING ARMS

The history behind the gesture of defensively folding arms can be traced back to medieval times.

Knights during the breaks when dueling with swords for recreation or in real fighting tourniments used to give their sword to their squire, and then rest their "sword arm" on their less dominent hand by crossing arms to rest it. This still enabled them to be able to fight at short notice if needs be. The gesture has lived on until the present day, where people cross their arms in a defensive manner when they are insecure about themselves. Most people associate this gesture with being a closed person as opposed to an extroverted person.

1 comment:

Marshall Family said...

oh dear, another month of little cash for you, not good, but, at least it's for a good cause!

Luvin the new profile layout, very you, very swank ;)

gonna go nose about, see if you gots any cooool widgets for me to fiddle with hehe, oh and a hint to get u to sleep.. close ur eyes and think of me but then again, mebe there wont be much sleepin goin on with that vision in ur mind ;) xx