Wednesday 18 June 2008

Feeling Used

Just another quick one. My main blog entry is below.

Found out last night, my beloved nephew Conah, who have feel I have played an active part in raising him along with his mother, has used the landline at our house to buy credits for a chat site called Habbo Hotel.

When my dad's girlfriend asked me if I recognised some numbers that were dialled recently, i set about investigating into it. Upon phoning the number which started 090 something or other, i quickly realised what was going on. My nephew and his friend had been asking to use our landline to supposedly call "their mum", but having looked at the bill over 40 calls in the last month have been placed to his premium number to buy credits for Habbo costing over £2 each. £80 have been charged to the bill! Jeez Louise I nearly had a heart attack.

I haven't spoke to him yet. I don't really want to, as I feel hes let us down. I will go straight to his mum, my sister Mandy to tell her, as he might be using her landline also.

My dad has said that everyone in the house will split the phone bill and we will all pay for it, but its the principle of the whole thing. I can understand the whole addiction, because I used to go on Habbo a lot and wanted to buy credits, but when I went on there wasn't the option to buy them through landline!. hmm, will look into this. It seems wrong somehow that this social site would allow payment through means such as that. Will update soon.

1 comment:

Marshall Family said...

oooh ouch I did that as a kid too with competition lines, i didnt really understand it. I use to use habbo too but soon got bored, tiz a stupid way of being able to buy credits. Good luck with paying the bill, splitting it sounds fair. You could always put a block on outgoing calls unless you tap in a passkey.. xx