Wednesday 18 June 2008

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I seriously have to cut down on spiking my hair up, well at least with the hair gel I currently use. L’orèal Studioline Indestructible Gel. After using it nonstop for about a week at a time I noticed that strands of hair was starting to come away in my hands. Not good. So today I’ve opted to have my hair down. Normal. Boring. I kinda think spiked hair shows my personality off, random, sharp and weird. I dunno. Maybe it’s time for a change. God knows what to. I’ve had spiked hair for a while now. Any ideas?

Anyways, onto other topics. I did earlier this year decide to visit my good friend on t’net Emma. It is a very good idea and one I will stick too. Although the plan had to be moved back a bit due to my ex asking me last minute to mind my son while she scoots away on holiday with her friend abroad. Typical. Therefore, I’m thinking around October maybe. I’m sure the trip will be a much needed break from my life. I met her through Facebook, she was going through a bad phase and I helped her out and became blog buddies shortly afterwards.


She’s helped me through some troublesome times too. Mucho Gracias Emmie. Her blog can be found in my Soft Blog Roll to the right of here under Emma’s Dilemmas and Great Expectations, a good read, check it out folks. She lives in Leicester, a place far away from where I call home to the south, but it’s a trip I’m looking forward to. I’ll keep you all updated about how the prep goes with finding a hotel and stuff closer to the time.

Onto another random topic.... don’t you just hate spiteful ex friends. You’ll understand what I mean by the end of these paragraphs. I became friends with a guy who was in a band a couple of years back. He was cool and he was a loner and always seemed to think that my relationship with my ex wouldn’t last and stuff. Due to one reason or another, we ended our friendship. I can’t remember why. I think he just moved onto a new group of friends and we just drifted apart from there.

Well, randomly he messages me out of the blue on MSN, even though I deleted him from my contacts a while back saying stuff like “told you it wouldn’t last”, “how do you feel having someone else bring up your child?” referring to Nick (the person who I think is seeing my ex now), “do you know he holds Kallam?” and saying stuff along the same lines just to strike a nerve or two, which it did but not because of the topic of the questions, but the fact that he’d try something like that. Well, I just replied non-emotionally with one worded answers and showed I wasn’t going to be thrown by his questions. Do you understand what I mean now? Spiteful ex friends. Grr. He’ll probably try it again when he hears something that’s happening in casa del bitchio or something I’ve done wrong.

Anyways, onto yet another topic. Don’t you just hate really bad adverts. They seem to be in abundance lately. To name a few, The Dairy Milk advert just showing a race between airport motor vehicles (wow....), the Extra advert just showing people crowded in a room (double wow....), the Muller Rice advert showing a boring guy travelling the world seeking tastier desserts (omg so amazing....), or even worse! The fighting plaque advert just showing a guy dressed in white fighting something invisible to a guy playing a guitar. Where have all the good adverts gone? Why can’t we have something good to watch In between TV shows? They have the money, why not make one that is good to watch at least?

What is a good TV advert though? In my view, its adverts that make you go “WOW!, its good how they did that isn’t it?”. I’m sorry for ranting, but it really gets on my nerves how really dire adverts are getting. To show an example of a really good advert, I’ve exhibited one below. Now that is a good advert.

I rest my case. Rant over. On with the next day! See ya ;¬)

*disclaimer* i in no way advertise these products, just mention them within my blog

2 comments:

Marshall Family said...

Ooooh lots to read there!

I think spiked hair suits you.. I don't know how else you could do ur hair but deff stop using that gunk which your using atm or you may end up bald :o)

Comming to leicester will be a blast I have a few hotels to recommend to you which are pretty central but we can talk about that nearer the time :)

I have a spiteful ex friend, they are nasty creatures and better off just being ignored, not worth the stress.

and yes I hate crap ad's. Where have the fun ad's like the smash adverts gone :( I love all things retro they shoudl bring back the 80's adverts, they were cool!

xx

L.C.T. said...

Haha hair falling out - not good!! I don't watch tv enough to notice bad ads and when they're on i generally mute them, but fair rant!

Laters :)